The Somali Salvation Front – SSF, (Jabhadda Badbaadinta Soomaaliyeed), the first Somali Political and armed opposition against the Military Junta of General Siad Barre was formed by Somalis in-exile and defectors from the Somali National Army on the 8th of February 1979, and launched a powerful broadcasting short-wave station -The Radio Kulmis, at the same day. The SSF 23-strong Central Committee was hailing and composed from all parts of Somalia. This included:
- Mustafe Haji Nur, the Secretary-General of the SSF, was from Hargeisa, Isak Community, Habar Awal.
- Hagi Omar Mohamed Sterling, First Deputy, from Mogadishu, Hawiye Community, Abgaal.
- Col. Cabdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, Second Deputy, from Galkayo, Majertein Community, Omar Mohamud.
- Mohamed Mohamud Shandiile, Third Deputy, from Dhusamareb, Hawiye Community, Cayr.
- Osman Nur Ali Qonof, from Qardho, Majeerten, Osman Mahamud.
- Ismail Daud Egal, from Barbera, Isak Community, Habar Awal.
- Ali Hamdulle Togdheer, from Burco, Isak Community, Habar Yunis.
- Col. Abdulkadir Warsame Galbeyti (Ekis) from Hobyo, Hawiye Community, Sa’ad.
- Yusuf Dirir Cabdi, from Erigabo, Isak Community, Habar Yunis.
- Abdi Ahmed Rooble, from Bali-Gubadle, Isak Community, Arab.
- Col. Abshir Muse Said, from Qardho, Majertein, Osman Mahamud.
- Saleman Dahir Afqarshe, from Las-Anod, Dhulbahante, Naaleye Axmed.
- Dr. Abdisalam Aw-Samatar, from Garowe, Majertein Community, Isse Mahamud.
- Col. Awil Jama Hersi, from Gaashamo, Isak Community, Habar Yunis.
- Dr. Hassan Ali Mireh from Galkayo, from Majertein Community, Omar Mohamud.
- Cabdullahi Ali Hassan, from Adaado, Hawiye Community, Saleman.
- Col. Mohamed Ali Hoori, from Dhahar, Warsangeli, Dubeys.
- Abdirahman Sugulle Haabsay, from Galkayo, Majertein, Omar Mohamud.
- Mahamud Einanshe Guled, from Odweyne, Isak Community, Habar Yunis.
- Col. Mohamed Abshir Ali Weyrah, from Burtinle, Darood, Awrtable.
- Hersi Magan Isse, from Galkayo, Majertein, Osman Mahamud.
- Sayidiin Hassan Jabaan, from Bosaso, Majertein, Wabeneye.
- Abdullahi Hagi Elmi, from Kismayo, Majertein, Isse Mahamud.
Taken from SSF/SSDF/Q/Archives.