Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Idil News
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    Subscribe
    Idil News
    Home»News in English»Dangote cancels plans to build cement factory in Kenya, says Kenyans more corrupt than Nigerians
    News in English

    Dangote cancels plans to build cement factory in Kenya, says Kenyans more corrupt than Nigerians

    Jibril Qoobey.By Jibril Qoobey.April 7, 2018No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link
    The Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote has faulted Kenya’s leadership for their greed and persistent failure to place matters of national interest first when it comes to development.
     
    Speaking to a renowned Kenyan journalist, Jeff Koinange, Mr Dangote announced his plans to shelve building a mega cement factory in Kenya after been put off by top decision-makers in the country whom he described as “more corrupt than Nigerians.”
     
    Speaking on his breakfast show in a local FM station, Jeff shared a private conversation he had with Dangote when he attended the billionaire’s daughter’s wedding in Nigeria last month.
     
    “I asked him, ‘Al Hajj when are you coming back to Kenya?’ and he said ‘Jeff, there are people in that place (Kenya) who put greed and personal interest ahead of national interest. I didn’t think Kenya would be more corrupt that Nigeria.‘” Mr Koinange narrated on air.
     
    Mr Dangote, who has been estimated to be Sh1.5 trillion by Forbes, visited Kenya in September 2013 as part of a high-powered delegation of 50 wealthy Nigerian businessmen accompany the country’s then president President Goodluck Jonathan.
     
    The Nigerian tycoon recently pushed the factory’s entry to Kenya to 2021, having earlier planned to build a cement factory in the local market next year.
     
    Mr Dangote is widely known for using lower pricing to gain market share in new markets and its delayed entry will give some reprieve to existing players in a market that is already witnessing stiff competition.
    Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

    Related Posts

    HSM Stripped of Executive Power as Term Expired on 15 May

    May 19, 2026

    Somalia is entering one of the most dangerous political and security periods since the collapse of the state in 1991.

    May 18, 2026

    Statement of the African Union Commission on Somalia.

    May 16, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Hay’ada wardoonka Puntland ee PISA oo horumar samaysay

    Puntland oo go’aamo kasoo saartay mudo xileedka dhamaaday Ee Xasan Shiikh

    Maraykanka oo maalgashanaya Macdanta Puntland

    HSM Stripped of Executive Power as Term Expired on 15 May

    Mw Israa’iil oo Waraaqaha aqoonsiga ka gudoomay Safiirka SL

    Xog:-Maxaa kasoo baxay kulankii BC iyo GMS?

    Faallo:-Xasan Shiikh oo waji gabax kala kulmay BC

    Wefti sare oo Maraykan ah oo kusoo wajahan PL

    Somalia is entering one of the most dangerous political and security periods since the collapse of the state in 1991.

    Statement of the African Union Commission on Somalia.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    © 2026 Idil News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.