Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Idil News
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    Subscribe
    Idil News
    Home»News in English»UK’s Queen Elizabeth to miss Cenotaph service due to back sprain
    News in English

    UK’s Queen Elizabeth to miss Cenotaph service due to back sprain

    Jibril Qoobey.By Jibril Qoobey.November 14, 2021No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Britain’s Queen Elizabeth will not attend Sunday’s Remembrance Day Service at the Cenotaph because she has sprained her back, Buckingham Palace said.

    “Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service,” the palace said in a statement.

    The ceremony would have been the 95-year-old queen’s first in-person public engagement since she was advised to rest following a night in hospital last month.

    The news that the queen would not attend the service in central London, an event that she sees as one of the most significant engagements of the year, will increase concerns around her health after she withdrew from public life for the longest time in memory.https://c9b60302b439a2bc49c2185be7b29a0c.safeframe.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-38/html/container.html

    A palace source said the queen’s back sprain was unrelated to the unspecified ailment that caused her hospital visit and her doctor’s advice to rest. The source said it was an incredibly unfortunate coincidence.

    The world’s oldest and longest-reigning monarch has missed events such as the COP26 climate conference and a festival to remember the nation’s war dead on Saturday evening since she went into hospital for “preliminary investigations”.

    The source said the queen hopes to continue as planned with her schedule of light official duties next week.

    The royal family joins leading members of the government, military and veterans to commemorate those who lost their lives in conflict by laying wreaths at the Cenotaph in central London.Reporting by Paul Sandle; Editing by Kate Holton

    Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust

    Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

    Related Posts

    HSM Stripped of Executive Power as Term Expired on 15 May

    May 19, 2026

    Somalia is entering one of the most dangerous political and security periods since the collapse of the state in 1991.

    May 18, 2026

    Statement of the African Union Commission on Somalia.

    May 16, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Hay’ada wardoonka Puntland ee PISA oo horumar samaysay

    Puntland oo go’aamo kasoo saartay mudo xileedka dhamaaday Ee Xasan Shiikh

    Maraykanka oo maalgashanaya Macdanta Puntland

    HSM Stripped of Executive Power as Term Expired on 15 May

    Mw Israa’iil oo Waraaqaha aqoonsiga ka gudoomay Safiirka SL

    Xog:-Maxaa kasoo baxay kulankii BC iyo GMS?

    Faallo:-Xasan Shiikh oo waji gabax kala kulmay BC

    Wefti sare oo Maraykan ah oo kusoo wajahan PL

    Somalia is entering one of the most dangerous political and security periods since the collapse of the state in 1991.

    Statement of the African Union Commission on Somalia.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    © 2026 Idil News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.