Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Idil News
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    Subscribe
    Idil News
    Home»News in English»What we know about Iran’s attack on US base in Qatar
    News in English

    What we know about Iran’s attack on US base in Qatar

    Jibril Qoobey.By Jibril Qoobey.June 23, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Iranian missiles targeted the largest US military base in the Middle East, Al-Udeid, in what it said was a response to the US bombing three of its nuclear programme facilities on Saturday evening.

    Al-Udeid is home to the US military’s headquarters for all air operations in the region. Some British military personnel also serve there on rotation.

    Iran launches missiles at US base in Qatar in response to strikes

    The attack was first confirmed by Iranian state media, and later by the military.

    A statement from the IRGC, the most powerful branch of the Iranian military, said that “Iran will not leave any attack on its sovereignty unanswered”, and added: “US bases in the region are not strengths but vulnerabilities.”

    The US had previously warned Iran not to respond to its strikes on nuclear facilities and urged leaders in Tehran to agree to a diplomatic end to hostilities in the region.

    There were differing reports about how many missiles were fired. Iran said six, the US said 14, and Qatar was reported by Reuters as saying 19 – all of which, it added, were intercepted.

    No one has been reported killed or injured.

    In the hours before the attack, both the US and UK had advised their citizens in Qatar to “shelter in place”. About 8,000 US citizens live in Qatar, according to the State Department, as well as several thousand British citizens.

    Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Puntland Forces Seized FGS infiltrated Camp in Galcaio, Puntland – Somalia

    August 6, 2026

    Puntland forces seize military compound after clashes with federal troops

    August 6, 2026

    In Response to the Statement on X on Galkacyo and Puntland by Former Somali PM, Mr Sharmake

    July 31, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Abiy Ahmed oo tirtiray kursiga Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Itoobiya

    Madaxweyne Deni oo u amba-baxay degmooyinka Barriga Mudug

    Puntland oo baaraysa awooddo shisheeye oo ku lug leh Burcad-badeeda (WAR-SAXAFADEED)

    MUQDISHO: Maxaan ka naqaan Ruth Anne, kuxigaanka cusub ee Safaarada Mareykanka?

    Madaxweyne Deni oo kormeeray goobaha ay ka socoto baneynta Biyo-saarka Gaalkacyo

    Madaxweyne Deni oo qaabilay saraakiisha Qeybta 60aad ee Ciidanka Puntland ee Saaxo

    Gaalkacyo oo kamid noqotay degmooyinka ku guuleystay mashruuca Bulsho

    Garoowe oo dhowaan helaysa koronto raqiis ah

    MUQDISHO: Hay’addaha Caalamiga oo qaraxyo uga digay Shaqaalahooda

    MUQDISHO: Halkee lala beegsaday qaraxa caawa ka dhacay Muqdisho

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    © 2026 Idil News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.