Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube
    Idil News
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    Subscribe
    Idil News
    Home»News in English»Puntland has completely defeated ISIS
    News in English

    Puntland has completely defeated ISIS

    Jibril Qoobey.By Jibril Qoobey.July 5, 2025No Comments2 Mins Read
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email Copy Link

    Decapitating Daesh’s top leadership continues to be a fundamental, strategic component of @PL_CTOperations overarching mission objectives. The relentless pursuit of high-ranking figures has already produced significant results, with an estimated 85% decapitation of their leadership structure since the commencement of Operation Hilaac (Lightning).

    High-Value Individuals that have been positively identified as killed or captured thus far in the offensive include:

    Eliminated:
    • Abdihakim Badiin Mawaled, of Yemeni descent, who served as the head of the policing (Hizba) department and was fluent in Somali.
    • Marwan Abdrizk, of Tunisian descent, who led the foreign fighters division and spoke many languages.
    • Barow Abdi Mo’alim, a Somali from the Gedo region, who was the territorial chief administrative officer (Idaarad) for Shebaab-Dhaasaan.
    • Ahmed Salah Sudani, of Sudanese descent who was in charge of religious outreach (Da’wah)
    • Ibrahim Hayyan, of Moroccan descent, who was heading the explosives department.
    • Dr. Hakeem Ubeyda, of Malaysian descent, who headed the medical department.
    • Ahmed Muse Said, a Somali from the Bari region, who was the head of external relations and was fluent in Arabic and English.

    Apprehended:
    • Abdirahman Shirwac Aw-Said (Lahoor), a Somali from the Bari region who previously headed the assassinations unit. He surrendered to authorities before dying of natural causes in captivity.

    Furthermore, @USAfricaCommand has also neutralized several key leaders, including:
    • Ahmed Maeleninine, of Omani descent, a senior attack planner taken out by a precision airstrike on February 1, 2025.

    It is also noteworthy that prior to the current offensive, Suhayl Salim Abd el-Rehman (Bilal al-Sudani), of Sudanese descent, was targeted and killed in a U.S. special operations raid in January 2023. He was linked as a central figure in the Abbey Gate attack at Kabul Airport in August 2021.

    @Pldefenceforce are currently tracking and actively pursuing other key figures both lethally and by other means, including Abdirahman Fahiye, who leads the last remaining entrenched combatants still in the region and remain a primary target. Meanwhile, Abdulqadir Mumin, the global “Emir,” managed to evade and depart early in Phase I of the offensive and is believed to be at large in Northern Mozambique. It is not surprising that the group would prioritize protecting their top leader, keeping him at arm’s length from #Puntland’s valiant troops.

    By:-Jeneral.Ahmed Sheikh

    Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link

    Related Posts

    Puntland Forces Seized FGS infiltrated Camp in Galcaio, Puntland – Somalia

    August 6, 2026

    Puntland forces seize military compound after clashes with federal troops

    August 6, 2026

    In Response to the Statement on X on Galkacyo and Puntland by Former Somali PM, Mr Sharmake

    July 31, 2026
    Latest Posts

    Abiy Ahmed oo tirtiray kursiga Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Itoobiya

    Madaxweyne Deni oo u amba-baxay degmooyinka Barriga Mudug

    Puntland oo baaraysa awooddo shisheeye oo ku lug leh Burcad-badeeda (WAR-SAXAFADEED)

    MUQDISHO: Maxaan ka naqaan Ruth Anne, kuxigaanka cusub ee Safaarada Mareykanka?

    Madaxweyne Deni oo kormeeray goobaha ay ka socoto baneynta Biyo-saarka Gaalkacyo

    Madaxweyne Deni oo qaabilay saraakiisha Qeybta 60aad ee Ciidanka Puntland ee Saaxo

    Gaalkacyo oo kamid noqotay degmooyinka ku guuleystay mashruuca Bulsho

    Garoowe oo dhowaan helaysa koronto raqiis ah

    MUQDISHO: Hay’addaha Caalamiga oo qaraxyo uga digay Shaqaalahooda

    MUQDISHO: Halkee lala beegsaday qaraxa caawa ka dhacay Muqdisho

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Puntland
    • Somalia
    • News in English
    © 2026 Idil News

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.